My photo
Secwécwpemc-ken ri7(I am Shuswap), Chief, Economist, Distance Runner, and Secwepemc Health Researcher/Co-ordinator/Policy guy. I've run a 30:24-10k, 1:06:23-half, and 2:19:55-full marathon but am most proud of the World Peace Prayer Day '06 relay run to Anchorage from Vancouver I participated in. This blog is primarily about running but I will post photos of the many places I like go on the tmícw of my maternal ancestors, Secwépemcul'ecw.

Sunday, August 5, 2012

W/E August 5 - Recovery in a big way

Recovery week. I didn't really plan for this week to be as much of a recovery week as it has turned out to be. I had decided to to take 2 days off then ease back into things but ended up not running until thursday. Then this weekend I went to Kamloops to visit my brother who was in town for the Powwow and forgot my running shoes so I didn't run on Saturday. THEN today I woke up with my guts not feeling very good so cancelled the run today. How about that for a recovery week. Two runs.  It's really not ideal because I wanted to get in two full weeks of running before I took a few days easy before Edmonton. That isn't going to happen so i'm going go after it as much as I can over the next 10 days. That said, I have some running around to do out of town which might make that a problem, but we'll see how it goes. Going to try for a long run Tuesday, hills on Friday or Saturday, long run Sunday or Monday. Hard to say right now.

Mon - off
Tues - off
Wed - off
Thurs - 11mi Arrowstone
Fri - 9mi easy
Sat - off
Sun - off

No comments:

Post a Comment