My photo
Secwécwpemc-ken ri7(I am Shuswap), Chief, Economist, Distance Runner, and Secwepemc Health Researcher/Co-ordinator/Policy guy. I've run a 30:24-10k, 1:06:23-half, and 2:19:55-full marathon but am most proud of the World Peace Prayer Day '06 relay run to Anchorage from Vancouver I participated in. This blog is primarily about running but I will post photos of the many places I like go on the tmícw of my maternal ancestors, Secwépemcul'ecw.

Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Race Week

Just a quick note. It's race week! I'm actually reasonably excited. I picked up some new kicks from Mark and Nick at Frontrunners Westshore out in Langford which i'm pretty stoked about, they're some ultra light road flats. I was worried about wearing my Brooks marathon flats which I wore in Edmonton, thinking they were too bulky and not allowing me to run as efficiently as I am used to, having been training in my minimalist trail shoes. So to have some ultra-light Adidas flats i'm feeling much better about the run. I'm going to take them out for a spin tomorrow morning.


As for last week.....well it didn't quite work out as I planned, and far from what I had set out in my last blog post. Since the post I decided to just do my regular two workout week, and it started out really well, i had a, dare I say, stellar hill session on wednesday.   I had done a strength session the night before so was feeling loaded up, in the sense that I felt very strong, anyway it went surprisingly well, more than 3 seconds per rep faster on average. Come the weekend however I was feeling pretty stiff from doing the core work I guess and when I set out to do another track workout I felt really flat and decided to call it quits after the first rep!  I wasn't feeling like working out on saturday and on sunday I was REALLY not feeling like a workout, so it was doomed from the beginning. Perhaps I should have just taken my good track workout from a couple weeks back and let it be. ANYWAY, its taper week now so i'm takin it pretty easy, going to do some yoga and stretching all week to get balanced and get rid of this stiffness. Tomorrow morning i'm going to take a few turns around the track at 3:20-25/km pace and see how that feels, see if running 2:25 is going to even be a reasonable expectation for Sunday. I hope so, I feel like i'm in good shape and have been quite consistent over the last few weeks. 80 mile weeks in singles isn't anything to write home about but its not too shabby either.  For those racing this weekend too, good luck. Next post, race report!

No comments:

Post a Comment