My photo
Secwécwpemc-ken ri7(I am Shuswap), Chief, Economist, Distance Runner, and Secwepemc Health Researcher/Co-ordinator/Policy guy. I've run a 30:24-10k, 1:06:23-half, and 2:19:55-full marathon but am most proud of the World Peace Prayer Day '06 relay run to Anchorage from Vancouver I participated in. This blog is primarily about running but I will post photos of the many places I like go on the tmícw of my maternal ancestors, Secwépemcul'ecw.

Sunday, July 8, 2012

W/E July 8 - Back at 'er

Kind of a bumpy week. Don̓t remember why I took monday off to be honest, but its my 'easy' day anyway. Tuesday was nice and easy but I was tired and just scouting out the hill where I was planning to do hill repeats on wednesday. That didn't work out because I made an impromptu trip into Kamloops to check out a few of the AFN National Chief candidates, which was relatively uneventful but I wanted to check out the politikin. The 72min run in Arrowstone was great. From my house I headed out the back door and then, up. Arrowstone is a "provincially protected area" and i'm hoping to find a route to circumnavigate it, then link up to the hill I ran around this morning, on the map below. I also took a trip up to Xat'súll(Soda Creek FN), for a Secwépemc storytelling session which was a good time and met some Neskonlith family I had only just found out about a few days ago(the link anyway), which is super cool. Anyway, I had a good run along the Fraser on Saturday then got home in time to rest up for my big run on Sunday.

Truthfully, i'm not all that fit, so I was a bit worried about heading out for a 23mile run where I would not be able to take any shortcuts home. At the same time its a good strategy to force myself into fitness. Fortunately, despite only having one gel, the run went really well. I headed out good an early since the forecast predicted 22 degrees by 9 am, and 34 in the afternoon.  I figured i'd run the loop counter-clockwise since on the highway i'd be out in the open and the low sun would be cooler. Turned out it was a good plan too because there was virtually no traffic making for a very pretty run. Reaching the turnoff after an hour I wound my way up Battle Creek Rd(I think thats the name) till I hit Back Valley Rd. then cruised downhill back to my house. Just, like, that. Very happy that 23 miles felt as good as it did. Now to find a 30 mile loop for next weekend!


Mon - off
Tues - 50mins
Wed - off
Thurs - 72 mins Arrowstone
Fri - off
Sat- 75 mins Xat'súll
Sun - 23mi Battle/Back Valley Loop
Total: ~52 mi


From July 8, 2012
From July 8, 2012
From July 8, 2012
From July 8, 2012
From July 8, 2012
From July 8, 2012

No comments:

Post a Comment