My photo
Secwécwpemc-ken ri7(I am Shuswap), Chief, Economist, Distance Runner, and Secwepemc Health Researcher/Co-ordinator/Policy guy. I've run a 30:24-10k, 1:06:23-half, and 2:19:55-full marathon but am most proud of the World Peace Prayer Day '06 relay run to Anchorage from Vancouver I participated in. This blog is primarily about running but I will post photos of the many places I like go on the tmícw of my maternal ancestors, Secwépemcul'ecw.

Saturday, January 5, 2013

Bone Idle Lazy No More

The intermittent blogger is back. I have to say though, I am very consistent in my inconsistency. When I don't blog its because I'm not running, and I don't usually write about the last race of the season. I suppose that is also consistent with the previous statement because I typically don't blog till a day or two or three after a race, and if its the last race of the season, then i'm technically not running. See the logic?

So, I did end up running the Victoria marathon although I wasn't in great shape and ran around 2:35 basically tying for 4th although I took 5th. It was a pretty tough race on account of not doing nearly enough training so I couldn't complain. Previous to that race I had hoped to do the Steve King Classic 100k race but again I had not been training that much and got a cold after the Kamloops - Edmonton marathon pair. Since Victoria, I did 2 runs, then a despicable leg at the Whistler 50mi relay. Then, nothing.

Now. Truth be told, I am still not running however I pledge to start tomorrow. Its going to be tough. Last time I trained it was around 15 degrees. Now it hasn't been above zero in a month. And i'm fat, 170lbs, thats ~16lbs over my training weight, although i'm unsure of when I was last at my "training weight." Perhaps since i'm in my 30s now I should adjust that number. NEVERTHELESS, Sunday January 6th 2013 I WILL go for a run.

Lastly, I am very busy these days but i'll try to post regularly to try and be accountable, and try to change up the backgrounds and stuff. I'm thinking maybe simpler, but with a log of some sort. Proper lastly, I sent in my elite application for the Vancouver marathon so I am 100% going to that. Nothing else on the schedule though, hopefully some sick long runs in a month or so and some cross country skiing.

No comments:

Post a Comment