My photo
Secwécwpemc-ken ri7(I am Shuswap), Chief, Economist, Distance Runner, and Secwepemc Health Researcher/Co-ordinator/Policy guy. I've run a 30:24-10k, 1:06:23-half, and 2:19:55-full marathon but am most proud of the World Peace Prayer Day '06 relay run to Anchorage from Vancouver I participated in. This blog is primarily about running but I will post photos of the many places I like go on the tmícw of my maternal ancestors, Secwépemcul'ecw.

Monday, July 1, 2013

W/E July 7, 2013

Mon - Off
Tues - 30mins: HOT, 21 deg @ 7 AM, need to get up earlier
Wed - 1h57m:  29deg --> 22deg, excellent run scouting out some berry picking grounds
Thu - 55m: flat run but tired from last night's run, a cool 15deg.
Fri - 79m good run but super dehydrated
Sat - Off
Sun - 30mins
Total - 5h11m

Well I'm fairly happy with the week all things considered. It was rather warm this week; usually around 20degrees by 7am. I also travelled to Vancouver for a meeting on friday so was gone a couple of nights which never helps with the sleep and scheduling. The body feels somewhat tired but no aches of concern. With 5+ hours of running this week I hope to double that in the coming week which shouldn't be too difficult if I dont take any days off and do my planned 3.5-4h run on the weekend. I will also reinstate a weekly hill repeat workout, reluctantly. What I aim to do is get a bulletproof schedule down so I can remain consistent, which has been my biggest issue for a while now. I am getting in shape for the Kamloops marathon in 3 weeks, and will do my yearly trip out to Edmonton in august for the marathon there. I hope to maintain consistency throughout and potentially do some marathon specific preparation for Victoria and throw down a fast time. I've been out seeing some gorgeous sights lateley and being a bit strategic in my running routes to scout out harvesting sites and bumping into fields of wildflowers.

No comments:

Post a Comment