My photo
Secwécwpemc-ken ri7(I am Shuswap), Chief, Economist, Distance Runner, and Secwepemc Health Researcher/Co-ordinator/Policy guy. I've run a 30:24-10k, 1:06:23-half, and 2:19:55-full marathon but am most proud of the World Peace Prayer Day '06 relay run to Anchorage from Vancouver I participated in. This blog is primarily about running but I will post photos of the many places I like go on the tmícw of my maternal ancestors, Secwépemcul'ecw.

Sunday, August 14, 2011

W/E August 14

mon - 6mi around town
tues - Off, resting
wed - Buntzen-Sasamat Lakes loop: 40 miles or so
thurs - Off, headed over to Victoria again, lots of biking around
fri - 10mi around town in Vic, hours of biking
sat - 10mi w/ sprint up 'Mount' Douglas in Vic.
sun - 14mi w/ 15 km @ 2:40 marathon pace
'bout 80 miles


Decent week of running, but again, nothing special. The long run on wednesday was really frustrating because I was in an area I had never run in before and took  a lot of wrong turns, eventually ending the run early because I was pretty tired anyway. I'll have to map it out again but it was a good 40 miles. I was over in Victoria yet again to do a housing search and came up successful on Saturday so that is a relief but my nutrition sucked while I was there, then I had to come back and work night shift Saturday night. SO, my semi-workout today was pretty lackluster. I did loops around the park where I do my hill repeat workout so its not exactly a flat route, but either way I had hoped that I would be able to run closer to 2:30 marathon pace(3:33.3/km) rather than the 3:49.6/km pace that I did run but that's just where my legs were at today and i'm not too concerned about it. The effort was where I wanted it to be. So there it is. The hay is in the barn for this one.


Post script: This week i'll take it pretty easy and make sure I do a mile or so at marathon pace each day and some strides to get the legs moving, but really I just need to eat and sleep well and hope that my legs don't feel quite so blown out come next Sunday.  I have also decided that I won't be wearing my calf sleeves for the race which I had originally intended. On my run today I felt that they could potentially become annoying in the later stages of the race and make me feel bit less efficient/fluid when i'm running. I do maintain that they keep my calves from getting too beat up, which would be helpful post race but i'm not too concerned about that, so long as my calves survive the race itself. The second consideration is that if its warm I will prefer not to have more skin covered. Looking forward to toeing the line!

No comments:

Post a Comment