My photo
Secwécwpemc-ken ri7(I am Shuswap), Chief, Economist, Distance Runner, and Secwepemc Health Researcher/Co-ordinator/Policy guy. I've run a 30:24-10k, 1:06:23-half, and 2:19:55-full marathon but am most proud of the World Peace Prayer Day '06 relay run to Anchorage from Vancouver I participated in. This blog is primarily about running but I will post photos of the many places I like go on the tmícw of my maternal ancestors, Secwépemcul'ecw.

Sunday, August 7, 2011

W/E August 7

Mon - Coliseum/Burwell Mountain Run
Tues - 80-90mins biking
Wed - 13mi
Thurs - 6.5 mi city run
Fri - 10mi w/ hill sprints
Sat - 10mi
Sun - Pitch'n Putt Hills(1:49, 1:55, 1:56, 1:52, 1:54, 1:55 off 2:15) 1:53.5 avg
'round 85miles this week


All things considered this week was satisfactory. I was really happy with the long run but for some reason I couldn't sleep after it then I had to work a night shift, and I had planned to go straight to Victoria afterward to start my housing search. It turns out on a tuesday morning after a long weekend the number of people going back to Victoria on the ferry is ridiculous and so I missed the bus(only two bikes at a time). I would still make the ferry if I took a different bus and biked from Ladner to the terminal, not just biked, but hammered for 20 odd minutes full out. Then toward the end of the ferry trip I fell asleep and they had to wake me up to kick me off the boat, so again, no chance of putting my bike on the bus. So, I opted to bike into town since it was a nice day and I had run it before so biking should be easy. Anyway, it made for a long day being up since 730am the previous day. This combo added to being out of town made for a tiring week and it took me until Sunday to work up the motivation to do a work out. It ended up going reasonably well but I decided on an abbreviated version mainly out of mental weakness because my legs were surprisingly strong. So thats that, planning on another shot at the Buntzen loop on Wednesday and possibly the Delta Half marathon on Sunday depending on the work schedule. Happy trails.

No comments:

Post a Comment