My photo
Secwécwpemc-ken ri7(I am Shuswap), Chief, Economist, Distance Runner, and Secwepemc Health Researcher/Co-ordinator/Policy guy. I've run a 30:24-10k, 1:06:23-half, and 2:19:55-full marathon but am most proud of the World Peace Prayer Day '06 relay run to Anchorage from Vancouver I participated in. This blog is primarily about running but I will post photos of the many places I like go on the tmícw of my maternal ancestors, Secwépemcul'ecw.

Monday, August 22, 2011

W/E August 21

mon - 10mi
tues - 6mi w/ 1k(3:24)
wed - 6mi w/ 1600m(5:38)
thurs - 10mi
fri - off
sat - off
sun - 26.2mi - 2:35.09
~ 58mi


Well, this week I took it easy leading into the race and it worked out reasonably well. My legs were taking a long time to come around after the last long run the previous Wednesday, and well the whole of that week being tiring. I tried to do a bit of pace work this week and it probably helped a bit as the group I ran half the race in was running 3:30-3:36 km pace. I'll write up a race report soon. Next up, Victoria Marathon on October 9th. I think i'll try and get a bit of speed going before that one, and maybe a few road miles....or miles in general, 70mi/wk can only get you so far!

No comments:

Post a Comment